Although it has become create software for sale on the online marketplace, that doesn’t mean that it will sell. Your products are in direct competition with millions of other software applications, which means making sales is not going to be a walk in the park. If you haven’t began planning or developing your software yet, now is the time to start thinking about marketing. It is much more difficult to market a product in retrospect, so getting it right is vitally important to your business. With that in mind, here are five key points on software marketing.
- Find your Customer Wants and Needs – Plan and design your software with the end user in mind. This is a fundamental part of any marketing strategy; without it most products would never make it past the first year of sales. In short, this is your opportunity to tell your potential market why they want or need your product. Get this stage right and you are well on your way towards a very lucrative software marketing success!
- Search Engine Optimization – Although SEO may not sound relevant to software marketing, you have to consider that your competitors have definitely developed their software with SEO in mind. The simple fact that people will likely find your app by using keyword searches, should tell you that you are going to want to include SEO as part of your software marketing campaign. So, name your app in such a way that people can easily find it; keep all your links to your software fresh and relevant; update your websites and social media accounts, so that they reflect current trends.
- Use Digital Download Sites – Even if you have your own website, never limit your customers to a single point of sale. If you are a first time software developer, you should give serious consideration to utilizing Digital Download Sites such as PayLoadz.com. Not only will this provide you with additional software marketing, it will also free up more of your time for direct marketing efforts. When it comes to software marketing the more reputable sites that are providing your product the better.
- Write Newsletters to Create a Buzz – When you write a newsletter or blog post promoting your product, you are adding another tool to your software marketing campaign. This will provide you with the opportunity to tell people exactly what your product is all about. So your passion for your product and make other people passionate about it, too. If you have already successfully sold software in the past, it is also a good idea to reinvest some of that money into paid blog endorsements or pay-per-click advertising.
- Engage with your Target Market – Who do you plan on marketing your product to? Find those people on social media, forums and blogs, and engage with them. That does not mean dropping links to your product and then disappearing. On most online forums, that is considered spam and will get you banned from the site. Not only that, if search engines suspect that you are simply spamming links, they may penalize you and cripple your SEO.