Software distribution is a key activity in the software business; it brings in revenue for developers. There are several forms of software distribution – free, trial, shareware and paid. Of the hundreds of software distribution sites and services, here are the 10 most popular ones:
1. PayLoadz – If you distribute paid software, PayLoadz can help. It provides highly secured storage, automated delivery and several software registration options.
2. Share-it – This service helps you expand your software distribution reach with localization and multiple language support. Tools if offers help you sell your software around the globe.
3. Amazon – The largest book retailer in the world also provides a platform for software distribution. Though used by large companies, Amazon can also be useful for smaller software companies to sell and distribute software.
4. RegNow – RegNow is one of the largest affiliate networks for software distribution. It can help get your product out to the world.
5. ClickBank – : An affiliate network for digital products, ClickBank helps software developers distribute their products through independent affiliates working for a commission on sale.
6. Download.com – CNET powered download.com is one of the most popular software distribution sites. You can sell software or offer freeware programs here.
7. Simtel – Simtel is a place to distribute trial software and freeware. On this site, you distribute software in many categories, including multimedia, business, communications, desktop, education, games and development.
8. Avangate – Focused more on medium to large software businesses, Avangate provides a fully integrated e-commerce suite for software distribution and sales.
9. Plimus – Much like Avangate, Plimus provides several e-commerce solutions for selling and distributing software. It also offers an affiliate network.